Make an Impact
The Community Foundation of Jackson County-JCCF, Inc. cares deeply for our community and we know you do as well. Here are a few easy ways that you too can make an impact on the area where we live and love
● Contribute any amount desired to existing funds (click here).
● Establish new, named funds to accomplish personal, family, or corporate giving goals.
● Create a new fund, name it, and define its charitable purpose.
Grants from your fund carry your name, or if you prefer, are awarded anonymously.*
A brief agreement using the Foundation’s standard forms guides grant-making from each charitable fund. The Foundation staff works closely with you or your professional advisor to develop a mutual fund agreement.
Types of Community Funds
Unrestricted funds give you the ability to support a variety of community needs. These funds work with the Foundation’s Community Grants Program to support the community’s greatest and most immediate needs.
• Field of Interest Funds – support broad areas of concern: youth, arts, health, education, etc.
• Donor Designated Funds – allow you to target funds for particular organizations.
• Donor Advised Funds – keep you actively involved in making grants.
• Agency Endowment Funds – support a specific non-profit agency forever.
• Scholarship Funds – provide educational support for deserving local students.
• Administrative Fund – supports the Foundation Operation and its community challenge
Types of Gifts
Almost any asset can be contributed to the Community Foundation. While cash is common, publicly traded securities, closely held stock, real estate, life insurance, tangible personal property and private foundation assets can also be donated. Appreciated stock often makes a better gift than cash as the charitable tax deduction is based on the average stock value on the gift date and no tax is paid on the gain. The Foundation staff encourage you to consider other options such as bequests and planned gifts (charitable remainder or lead trusts, etc.). As a public charity, gifts to the Community Foundation qualify for the most favorable levels of tax deduction, with tax benefits exceeding those allowed for private foundations.
Legacy (Planned) Gifts
One of the best ways to ensure a better future for our community is to leave a community legacy gift through a will or planned gift. Contact our Foundation staff or consult with your professional tax advisor to identify which gift best fits your personal situation.